As far as ultra-lightweight electric bikes go, the Focus Project Y is 27.5 pounds due to its slim carbon frame, as well as a small battery and electric drive. The model derives features from traditional bikes like Shimano disk brakes, durable axle designs and 35-millimetre tires.
* GADGET: Wearable Finger Keyboards
* MOSQUITRON: BEST WAY TO ELIMINATE MOSQUITOS IN 2019
* 2019 Smartphones That Will Wow You
In addition, unlike other lightweight electric bikes, the Focus Project Y features a single integrated power unit—consisting of electric drive and battery. The combo can be mounted on the down tube and directly plugged into the on-board gearbox, providing a steady pedal-assist speed of 15.5 miles per hour. When the unit is removed, the bike weighs a surprising 22 pounds.
* The 11 Best Electric Bikes In 2019
* 10 Best Electric Scooters [2019 Review]
* 5 Best Electric Bikes Under $500
The lightweight components of the bike, as well as the strategic placement of battery/electric drive, makes the Focus Project Y a performance urban bike that can easily conquer any uphill battle.
Credits: Digital Trends